V1:Session Target not recording correct amount

I have the Project Targets window open with the check mark on the Documents included in compile only. The targets are set to words.

I was writing and needed to add a character, so I went to my extras section and added the character information. I’m assuming that’s where the extra words came from because prior to my doing so, the scene word count and the session target matched. Then I added the character info and the session target was approximately 100 words off. I confirmed that the overall target is still correct because if I subtract that scene, I get the count I started with.

So, to recap:

  1. The session target is including non-compiled words when only compile is selected.
  2. At the same time, the overall target shows the correct count.

I’m working in the released version 1.0.1 on Windows 7.

I was using the beta version before, and installed the release version in a separate folder (I renamed the beta scrivener folder to beta) rather than deleting the beta, in case I ran into the authentication issue. I only mention this in case that somehow left some beta directives in place.

This isn’t a bug, just a current limitation with the Project Targets. The checkbox for counting only documents included in compile applies only to the Draft count; Session currently does count anywhere in the project. We’ll be adding many more options here in the future so you can refine what gets counted for each target.