Variables

Can I see what my variable value is in editor? It shows correctly at compile time. However, I have a use case where I need to see it in editor as well.

Here is my variable.

[Question Difficulty Level = <$CUSTOM:difficulty?>]

I appreciate guidance.

I don’t know the answer to your question, but my guidance is that it is a really, really bad idea to use your email address as your handle in a public forum!

:slight_smile:

Mark

Good point and thank you for pointing out. I couldn’t figure out how to change that setting. It is my user name. If you know, please point me how to change it. I will dig deeper.

Send a PM to AmberV. I think he can do it for you.

Mark

As regards your original question, I don’t know of any way to see it in the editor. You can, however, see it either in the inspector (which you likely already know :wink: ) or in the outliner if you turn on its column. You might split the editor and have the outliner showing the custom metatdata column in one editor, and the text in the other…

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I have values in custom data and I can see it in editor if I view that column. I use composition mode to record screen for training and I can’t use split screen there. I think I may be stuck unless L&L folks know a way to solve my issue.

Thanks

done! Thank you!

When you’re in composition mode, just use the same View Inspector shortcut (cmd-opt-i) and a HUD will pop up. At the top right you’ll see a drop down list, from which you can choose Custom Metadata.

Once you done that, moving between documents with cmd-opt-up/down will change the document in the HUD as well, retaining the custom metadata view. (In the screenshot, I’ve moved the HUD over the text to make the picture smaller — obviously you can move it to one side and resize it as you want.)

HTH.

It helps. My issue is that I don’t want to show inspector while I am recording the screen because it has lot more info and distracting. I can pause the video recording though and see the value and close the inspector and resume recording. Ok. thanks for your help.