Version Number

Hi,

I don’t know whether this is a “bug” in the wiring of the website (linking to the wrong .dmg) or whether this is a “bug” in the software, stating a phony version number (maybe a constant holding the current version number was not adjusted before compile), or whether this is not a bug at all, and I’m missing something, but the website talks about the current version of 2.1, and after downloading in Scrivener > About Scrivener… the version is claimed to be 2.0.5.

Any ideas?

Try completely refreshing your browser. The current downloadable version is definitely 2.1, so it sounds as though 2.0.5 may be cached on your machine (it does happen).

All the best,
Keith

Hi, I just wanted to report, that this is a non-issue, as you have suggested.

I don’t know what the reason behind the strange experienced behaviour was (I doubt it was the cache), but with a new download* this weekend the version and revision number are fine.

*) So, now after evaluating Scrivener and lurking around the forums, I have finally purchased the license, (so I’m a happy [strikethrough]owner[/strikethrough] licensee of Scrivener now) and nothing can stand now between me and writing my dissertation with this great tool!

Great, thank you for buying, much appreciated! Good luck with your dissertation!

All the best,
Keith