Viewing Index Cards on Cork Board

I am sure there is a simple solution to my issue but I can’t seem to find it. I created note cards on my cork board yesterday. Today I went to look at those notecards so that I could begin to write my rough draft. But I cannot seem to find them. I do seem them in the inspector under synopsis, but I was hoping to actually be able to see them all together on my cork board. Thanks for the assist. Screenshots are attached

If you click on Introduction (or any level that contains sub-documents), do the cards appear?

Hey Briar,

Thanks for the response. No when I click on those I receive a blank document, but what I wrote on the index cards does show up in the inspector area so I know I am not imagining that I entered stuff :open_mouth:

It might be worthwhile to go through the interactive tutorial if you have not already. What you are looking at is explained there, but briefly:

• When you click on stuff in the sidebar it loads the contents of that thing into the main editor. Not its siblings (the stuff around it at the same indent level, which seems to be what you are expecting here). Single selections in the Binder always face “downward” in hierarchy.
  • For folders that means using your preferred group view mode (which can actually be no group at all, and just the text editor).
  • For files this means an editor or viewer of some sort.
  • For file groups, which is what you’re using here in this screenshot, the default behaviour is for them to act as files (showing their text).

You can of course at any time do something else, these above are just how things act by default. If you want to click on a single document and view its corkboard, yes it will be empty because you are looking into the contents of that file, which are currently zero other items. If you want to click on a file group and view its contents (the four index cards in your screenshot) then you would click the Corkboard button.

Incidentally, if you wish to have file groups act more like folders, preferring group views over text editors when you click on them, there is an option for that in the Navigation preference pane.

Hi Amber,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and provide your comments. Yes you are correct I probably should go and watch the tutorial :blush: I have watched it and again I thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

Be Blessed
Tim

In both cases, it would be more accurate to say children, not contents. For the content of a single text document is text, but choosing the corkboard view on anything, shows its children (if any) as index cards.

gr - thank you for taking the time to post a clarification.

Most importantly, have you now managed to get the view you want? Hope so. :slight_smile:

I have Briar - thanks for the follow-up.

Good news. :smiley:

Happy writing

Briar Kit