Viewing the Format style applied to text

I have a document which uses formatting such as lists, bullets etc.

When compiling to ePub3 format I can getting compile failure message as followS:

“This page contains the following errors:

error on line 100 at column 14: Opening and ending tag mismatch: li line 0 and p
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.”

As best I can tell, this errors occurs because the line style is set to Scrivener LIST format but there is no numbers i.e. “1.”

Is there are way to view the style applied to the line (similar to what MS Word/Pages does) so I can tell where this list formatting has been applied so I can correctly export/compilte to ePub.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It turns out that I have “bullet formatted text” on hundreds of lines in my document. And the only way to find where the formatting has happened is to compile and then open the epub in iBooks, locate where the formatting error is and then edit. Repeat.

Massive time suck.

I think what you are looking for is Find By Formatting. See section 11.6 of the Scriv Manual for a description.

gr

I do not know how people end up with phantom bullet formatting like that, I wish I did—but I suspect it has something to do with pasting text in from Web sites or Word.

However it gets that way, the easiest way to clear it is to select large chunks of text at once and use the Format ▸ Lists ▸ None command. Of course if there are actual lists in there you want, you’ll need to work around those in some fashion.

There isn’t a good way of searching for lists—especially lists without visible markers.