Visible Window

I am having a problem with being able to see all of my text on the visible window. I assume I am doing something wrong, but as it keeps happening and I can’t figure out how to fix it…

I have the main editor window and the inspector both open. I have some vision issues so I like to have things a bit zoomed in. But when I open the inspector and the main window a certain amount of text wants to disappear behind the inspector window. No matter how much I change my zoom this seems to still happen!! Is there a way to get the text to wrap in the visible window instead of the imaginary window behind the inspector??

Try: View > Page View > Hide Page View.

Well, that worked, sort of. The actual instructions that worked were doing the opposite (i.e. View > Page View > Show Page View) and then doing what you suggest. Thanks. I guess that kind of reset it, eh?

If you weren’t using Page View before and text was slipping off of the side of view, it could be a rare Retina bug we’ve seen now and then. I’d be curious to see if it comes back when you switch Page View back off. If it does, the only way we really know of to get rid of the problem is to reset the project window settings.

You can save these settings for reapplication after doing so; mitigating the annoyance factor. Use the Window/Layouts/Manage Layouts… panel for that, then hold down Option and click on the File menu. The option to “Close Project and Clear Interface Settings” will appear. Do that, reopen and then use the layouts menu to get your settings back.

Hopefully the problem will be gone! Oh, and if simply turning Page View on and off again did the trick; that’s great! That’s a much better solution than all of the above.

Thanks. Yes, turning page view on and off fixed it.
Thanks

Great! By the way, you might want to fix your forum profile platform tag, it says “Windows”. :wink:

Fixed. Got the mac version since I joined the forum.