VMWare fusion vs Parallels vs Boot Camp.

Good news. Glad you’re up and running. Jaysen and brookter are gentlemen and scholars.

I can’t test Fusion, yet anyway. I haven’t upgraded to 10.15 so haven’t bothered to see if I meet the other requirements.

I’m not sure bookter wants to be in any group that includes me. That has been known to lower ones credibility significantly. Also, most gentlemen and ALL scholars may be filing a libel suite until you retract that statement to exclude me. :stuck_out_tongue:

So for anyone that reads this thread later and want to jump to the last page, here is the recommendation.
In order of wiz bang where $$ are to be spent

1. Pony up for Parallels if you just want it to work and don’t care about ever needing to uninstall. Support will be amazing for all.
  2. Fusion Player is free if you are on a current OS, but expect support to provide tech answers that require you do be comfortable with low level junk. Or buy the premium to get formal support.
  3. Oracle Virtual Box is free, but has solid community support. You will need to get into the guts a couple time, but the commented will give you detailed handholding and likely even help you if you trust them (be careful).

23412698712. boot camp. Just don’t. Unless you really want to run games native on your hardware.

In order of $$ can not be spent

1. Oracle Virtual Box is free, but has solid community support. You will need to get into the guts a couple time, but the commented will give you detailed handholding and likely even help you if you trust them (be careful).
  2. Fusion Player is free if you are on a current OS, but expect support to provide tech answers that require you do be comfortable with low level junk.

23412698712. boot camp. Just don’t. Unless you really want to run games native on your hardware.

Au contraire, it’s a dream come true…

Don’t over think VirtualBox.