Vonnegutisms

He’s a reading pig. Give him a break.

Young Master Jaysen, we gave him a break about three weeks ago…he’s just taking advantage now! :open_mouth:
Fluff

I sit with head hung in embarrassment. Accept my sincerest apologies.

I recall that your avatar, when it was visible, indicated that you have no head to hang…but your contrition is accepted nonetheless. :wink:

My avatar and I are fighting. It shall return. I just need to locate it.

Fighting avatars? Oh, please tell me James Cameron has bought the film rights.

If he did, he forgot to sign the check.

BTW look -->

I see nothing. Am I blinded, or has technology failed us yet again? :unamused:

See you not the stump of the head that was?

Alas, We’re stumped! Or, rather, we’re not stumped. Perspective is everything, isn’t it?

Well, the IT professional in me says, “Your internet provide likely uses address profiling via a series of NAT and caching proxy servers, which, given my having hidden the avatar via a too global apache rewrite utilizing a cacheable 301 redirect, will need to time the current error out of cache before you you will see stumpy.”

The human in me asks “and this is a bad thing?”

I knew that! I knew that! I did! I knew that! :blush:

So did I, but interjection didn’t seem the appropriate course of action to pursue.

The question that should be pondered is “what do you know?”

Ah, indeed. And therein lies the rub, my good Stump. Incidentally, how many nested quotes can we achieve?

You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.

So advised. Thanks Amber.

[size=85]Thinks “Hmmm…abrupt tone; bold red font; slap on the wrist?”[/size]

Or just try it on your post with a bunch of nested quotes and you’ll see that my Tone has been set by the forum’s built-in wrist slapping. :wink: I was going to continue on with the gag but I was firmly chastised for trying to go all House of Leaves here.

I believe the level of nesting is configurable …

Imagine the 3 word stories as nested quotes! Ooooo the horrors we could create!

Vic-k wrestling with his alter ego in a ‘best of three nests’ contest? Ye Gods! We wouldn’t stand a chance. Or, as Vic-k would succinctly put it – Pffrrr[size=150]rttt![/size]
:wink: