Way to run Mac Scrivener from USB Stick

I am going to school now and would like to use Scrivener for school. But the school does not supply the app on their computers. Is it possible to run Mac (or Win) Scrivener from a USB stick drive so I can us it on the computers at school? (It would be nice to also be able to run Scrivener though a browser so no matter where I am or what computer I’m on I can use the app.) :question:

Many public computers don’t allow you to run software from a USB stick for security reasons.

In any case, both Mac and Windows Scrivener write information to the user data area. Windows Scrivener also writes to the local registry. So no, it isn’t really possible to run Scrivener from a USB drive. And no, there is no browser-based version of Scrivener.

Katherine

On a Mac anyway, it is often possible to “install” software into your user account rather than the whole system. If you create an “Applications” folder in your home folder, at the same level as “Pictures”, “Documents” and so on, then install Scrivener into that you should be able to run it just fine, even throw it in the Dock as usual, you can forget its even installed in a non-standard location, then. So that’s what I would try if they have a Mac lab.

I will try that today. I do this with dropbox already. Thanks, will tell you if it works. :bulb:

[quote=“AmberV”]
On a Mac anyway, it is often possible to “install” software into your user account rather than the whole system. If you create an “Applications” folder in your home folder, at the same level as “Pictures”, “Documents” and so on, then install Scrivener into that you should be able to run it just fine, even throw it in the Dock as usual, you can forget its even installed in a non-standard location, then. So that’s what I would try if they have a Mac lab.[/quote}