Weird word count?

I’m not sure if this is a bug or something that can be fixed with tech support or if it’s a normal function. I’ve read a bunch of posts on the forum about word counts and nothing really seems to describe or fix the problem I’m having, so here goes.

When I’m writing, the displayed word count at the top of the screen displays a different number than the draft word count. This is the only thing I’ve written and I’m not sure why it’s displaying two numbers. I’ve included a screen shot of what I’m talking about so you can see. I’ve tried syncing and closing and reopening Scrivener. Nothing helps. I opened the project on my mac and it displays the correct word count (the smaller number being correct), so I’m not sure where this 900+ word count is coming from.

I’m on an iPad Mini 3 running the latest iOS.

You know what, I’m an idiot. I went ahead and created some documents for the different chapters and forgot that I pasted some text into one of the other chapters. I apologize, an admin can delete this thread if they want to.