what does 2.0 x 2.0/2.0 mean

Hello form the Canadian Praries,
What does 2.0 x 2.0/2.0 mean for line spacing inside of Scrivener?
How can I get rid of multiple descriptions line this in my line spacing options?
I’m new to Scrivener, so I’m not great at setting up the default font and line spacing for a project template. I will look in the user’s guide too.
thanks SheriO

The first number indicates the line-spacing multiple; in this case, 2.0, or double-spaced The second half is the before and after paragraph spacing, so here there are 2pt before a paragraph and 2pt after it. The next release will help clarify this in the drop-down menu with some more explicit hover text, but that’s always the pattern, so once you’ve worked with it a bit you’ll be able to interpret it just at a glance.

The spacing drop-down menu always shows several default options, 1.0x, 1.5x and so on. After the divider, any custom settings of paragraphs you’ve clicked in during the session will appear, so this will grow as you’re assigning new spacing or indents to a paragraph or if you click into a lot of differently formatted sections. When you close and reopen the project, the menu will reset to the defaults and will start growing again from scratch as you work.

Keep in mind as you’re getting started that the editor’s default settings (in the Editor section of Tools > Options) will apply to all new documents in all projects, so unless you’re creating a template that has pre-set text in it to hold formatting and are always duplicating those documents, you can’t save special editor formatting as part of the template. You can create a custom script setting to achieve this if you like; take a look at the Humanities Essay template for an example. Rather than rigidly setting the editor formatting for your template, however, you may really be after setting custom compile formatting. By overriding the editor formatting during the compile stage, you can write with whatever spacing, font, etc. is comfortable to you, then compile a document with entirely different formatting.

If you haven’t already, go through the Interactive Tutorial (from the Getting Started category in the New Project window or from the Help menu); there’s a compile section in that which will give you a better understanding of how changing the formatting this way works, if what I was saying sounds unfamiliar.

Moderator note: Moved to Windows technical support forum.