What happened to the NANOWRIMO update?

I have Scrivener for Windows 3.1.2 and am using Windows 10 on a laptop.
Yesterday the menu option for update project stats to NANOWRIMO (or words to that effect) was there. Today it’s missing. What happened to it? I am not using the NANOWRIMO template but wasn’t using it yesterday either. Very confusing and now I have to work harder ( :smiley:) to track my word count.

thanks in advance
Terrie

Hi Ermadness. Welcome to the forum. :slight_smile:

Not that I am using it so I wouldn’t really know, but from the looks of it, it got disabled early.
Like the wrong expiration date was programmed in Scrivener or something.
I found it, but it is greyed out, and absent from the menu where it says it should be:

Hi Vincent
Thanks so much for the welcome and the comment. I, too, found it greyed out.
Although not ideal at all I did open a new project using the NANOWRIMO template and it’s there. So maybe they just disabled it in the non-nano templates. Sigh. Just extra work but I appreciate your reply

Terrie

If it’s just not working for one of your projects, have a look at this article: Enabling the "Update NaNoWriMo Word Count" Feature in Scrivener / Features and Usage / Knowledge Base - Literature and Latte Support

1 Like

Thank you so much for this. I looked at it last night and it seemed too daunting for me. but this morning after reading your reply, i read it again, tried it and it worked!!
thank you for making my life easier!!

terrie

2 Likes