What happens on the 10th of April?

My Beta version is valid til the 10th of April, 2011 which is this weekend. What will happen? Do I need to export all my files then, or will it still work until the windows version is released?

I need to do this ASAP as I am going away this afternoon and don’t want to get back on Sunday and find I’ve lost my work :slight_smile:

Kelly

Hmm, I see the time stamp doesn’t show how serious this is for me. In Sydney it is already 9.27am on the 8th of April, so Friday morning and I go home at midday…

Extenuating circumstances notwithstanding, there will be a new beta, or a re-issue of the same beta with a new expiration date. The expiration is just to guarantee that everyone using the beta is using the latest one, so that bug reports stay relevant.

If for some reason there is a lapse that affects you, the folder that represents your project will still contain all of your work, although navigating that folder may be a bit cumbersome and non-intuitive. If you are concerned about loosing access to the project for a brief period, I would suggest you either export the draft to an external folder, or compile it all into a single document that can be opened in a word processor.