I’ve been using Scrivener to write and it’s great However, whenever I open it, I get a message saying that the beta version will expire on 15/1/07.
What will happen to my documents then? Will I not be able to open the program? Do I need to export beforehand to save my novel?
Please advise. Thank you!
Keith will either have the full version done by then, or he’ll release a new beta version with an extended deadline. This has happened many times in the past. Don’t worry about your data. If you want to be paranoid about it, you can always use the File menu/Export Files function the night before, but I’d be shocked if you weren’t already running a new version the night before.
Yup, if Keith decided to be bad and let the licence (or license) expire without another version (either beta or official) he’d have a revolution on his hands.
Having such a faithful group of users also brings duties and Keith has been a great developer regarding them.
And please do make sure you update to beta 5, which has an expiry date of 31st January. Version 1.0 will be on sale before that (with a 30-day trial).
Yippee!!! My credit card is ready at hand…!
OK – sorry to be so dense, but I’m using version 1.0 RC B3…and I should upgrade to Beta 5…?
How should I do that?
Thanks. Love the Chuck Close quote. And Sontag’s.
Definitely upgrade. A lot of fixes have been made since beta 3. Go to this thread and download it. Once you have beta 5, you can upgrade the app from within Scrivener, too. Makes it a lot easier.
I’m standing by also with my credit card, nervously watching the countdown of my expiry date approach. Any idea of a kind of price for the program?
Bargain. No doubt about it.