What takes your breath away?

I wrote about the time a book took my breath away here: It was about twelve years ago now.

The time I realised the universe had a sick sense of humour and I didn’t want to be its friend anymore was when I learnt about the sad passing of (forum regular) Montrée Whiles.

It’s not the question you asked but the things that are popular to the majority (tv, social media, music, movies…)? really makes me feel disconnected from humanity. That some people think that standing still is a job is alien to me. Crowds of people in Covent Garden staring at the people standing stand and giving them money makes me feel very detached. I accidentally clicked on the “popular right now” button on the YouTube app once and realised the world is packed full of morons…

…but then I’ll travel to the other side of the world and spend the weekend hanging out with someone with a completely different background to me and have a great time. These moments tell me that you just have to find the people who resonate on a sympathetic frequency to you. Those people are everywhere if you remember to keep looking.

4 Likes