What was there before the time came into being?

If a universe explodes in the void,
and there’s no one there to hear it,
does it make any sound?

Don’t ask God’s writers.
We already know what an unreliable bunch they are.

And if you replace every part of the universe before it gets to the other port, is it really still the same ship?

I’m afraid all of this talk is simply pointless conjecture. We already know the answer to all the mysteries of the universe.

Forty-two!

Yes that is the ultimate answer but, what is the ultimate question? The rats want to know. :slight_smile:

Hmm, a good question that (the Ultimate one, in fact). I may write some software to work it out. But first, I need a bigger computer. Yes. A much bigger computer. One that can think more, y’know, deeply. So I’ll have to build that first. I may be some time…

Why do I feel like a hamster on a wheel?

Hmmm…

Can’t stand oceans…

The coast of Norway is a beautiful bit of work…

Y know something Keith? That Nietzsche, quote, was just what I was thinking. Ywouldn`t credit it, would y?

Another thing. If you go any more deeply, than you already do, we may have to engage the services of another character, Ive discovered for the Di Blountisconi saga: Juddbert the Mole. Hes a descendant of a long line of Cornish Tin Miners.
vic

by the way Keith

theres a young lady, with the lovely name of mariagwyn, languishing in Tech. Support, in need of your assistance. I bet you cant guess where she lives.
Vic

Sound doesn’t travel in a vacuum (“In space, no one can hear you scream”). So the answer to your question is indeed 42. :slight_smile:

I think it was Stanislaw Lem who wrote a very funny and thoughtful short story about the instant (another time word) of the Big Bang. Of course, the brain cell that stored the memory of its name has long since perished. But I seem to recall that all of its characters shared the same “no-space” and existed in the same “no-time.” And so everything happened contemporaneously.

Lem’s story is apparently based on sound cosmology but is, of course, a conceit since all tales are sequential and thus firmly rooted in time.

Kind regards.