When I try and add a blank page of text or a new folder to the binder I get a template page instead.

When I try and add a new page of text to the binder the page that appears is one of the templates (always the same one) when it should be blank. If I then delete the pre-populated page and add a new one a clean page comes up, but I have to go through this rigmarole every time I want to add a text or a folder to the binder. I have deleted the original template (and emptied the trash) but this still keeps happening,

Any advice on how to solve this much appreciated.

It sounds like that at some point you’ve assigned that template to be the default new document for that folder — this would give you the behaviour you describe.

I don’t use the current version of Windows Scrivener any more, so can’t tell you exactly where the command is, but if you highlight a folder in the Binder then look for a menu item entitled something like “Default Template for Subdocuments” (on Version 3 it’s on the Documents menu). This submenu is populated from the contents of the “Templates” folder — you should find that one of your templates has been ticked. Click on the default Text entry and you should be back to normal.

HTH.

Here is the menu entry Brookter is referring to:

[attachment=0]DefaultDocument.jpg[/attachment]

Here is the menu entry Brookter is referring to:

[attachment=0]DefaultDocument.jpg[/attachment]