When things go wrong...

Hi Everyone!

I recently suffered a major failure with a different writing software.

For reasons which are still not clear, Windows 8 decided it was no longer ‘compatible.’ Luckily, I had saved most of my work in Word, however my notes, character sheets etc. are (at the moment) all lost.

Reliability is of paramount importance, and I’m wondering if Scrivener may be a better solution.

As I understand it, this programme saves your work as a PDF file which I guess means it can be accessed independently. If true and if things do go wrong, does that also apply to all your notes etc.?

Cheers!

Athelstan

As I understand it, this programme saves your work as a PDF file which I guess means it can be accessed independently. If true and if things do go wrong, does that also apply to all your notes etc.?

It saves in multiple RTF files, one per document, named numerically. And, at least in Windows 8, you can use Windows Explorer to browse the Docs folder that Scrivener creates for your project, preview the documents, links and notes, and sort them by size or date, an extremely useful capability in the event of a data mishap.

Thank you JJ, that’s much appreciated!

Cheers

Athelstan