Where are templates stored

Have created a template in Scrivener which I would like protected along with the Scrivener New Project templates.
While it shows up as a New Project template it is merely stored with my regular Scrivener project folders.
Is there some way of storing it with the original Scrivener templates?

Thanks

Jim

Custom templates are stored in your user AppData folder (Application Data on XP), though you can export them to save a copy elsewhere as well if you wish, by selecting it in the New Project window and choosing the appropriate option from the Options button menu. I’m not quite sure what you mean by protecting it, but that would be a way to make a backup. It’s not possible to save them with the defaults from the program, and you wouldn’t want to anyway, as those are affected by uninstalling and updating, whereas the custom ones in your AppData are not. Scrivener always just checks that location for any templates and loads them up for you.

On Windows Vista and 7 (and I’m guessing 8, though I’d have to check on that) this is C:\Users[YourUserName\AppData\Local\Scrivener\Scrivener\ProjectTemplates

On XP, it’s C:\Documents and Settings[YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Local\Scrivener\Scrivener\ProjectTemplates

Okay, that is liveable…

Thank you

Jim