Where are web pages stored within Scrivener?

I’m really stumped. I’ve dragged in around 40 web pages from Firefox into my scriv binder. They’re all showing up, just fine within scriv. Yet when I look around in the scriv directory for the files, I can’t find them. All I see is one (1) Firefox document. The others are nowhere to be found. Are these stored in /files/docs? The one firefox document I can find is in that subdirectory. Where might the others be? Thanks.

Imported webpages should be stored in the Docs file, but if you’re bringing them into the binder via drag and drop rather than File>Import, you’re probably just getting links to the actual webpages and then loading them in the editor as in a browser window–if you go offline, you won’t have access to them. This is a noted bug (File>Import and drag and drop should work the same way and really import the document) but I don’t believe it was addressed yet for 035–your post certainly indicates that.

Hi … whoa, that is quite a bug. I’m going to go pull up those 40 sites and file-> import them. The question is now where the URLs are stored - is there one file I can go to which has the hyperlinks so I can open all the web pages and then import them?

I hope this is a priority bug to be resolved in the next release – this has a pretty large impact on workflow for those, like myself, who are neck-deep in web-based research.

Thanks

This is a serious issue for me as well. I travel a lot and need to have access to web-based research when I do not have an Internet connection.

I’ve just found a “faster” way to add links to the pages without going through the Scrivener web page import and right click menu time-waster (click and drag would be so much faster). Unfortunately, I have to go up to the Edit menu, look for Link and then add it. Am I missing something? Shouldn’t this be on the right click menu or a button on the toolbar or a keyboard shortcut as integrating web links into documents is now exceptionally common?

Thanks.

The issue for importing webpages is resolved for 1.0; you’ll have several options for how you want to import, and all but the “Dynamic HTML” option will create a file in the project that will not require you to be online for viewing. You can set the default options under Tools>Options… in the Import/Export section of the General tab. This will affect both import via the menu (or the toolbar icon, if you choose to add the Import Webpage button to the main toolbar) and import via drag and drop (which are thus now the same).

You can import webpages into the project by dragging and dropping from the address bar in the browser into the binder, and you can also add links into a document by dragging from the address bar (or any link on a webpage) into the text in the editor. Copy and paste also works for creating the link in the editor. As we’re able, we’ll be adding more shortcut keys to menu options as well.