Where does UserManual.pdf belong in Finder?

I accidentally sent the UserManual.pdf to the Trash, and unfortunately, “Put Back” was not an option once I located it in the Trash.

Where does UserManual.pdf belong?

I want to be able to have Scrivener open, and click Help > Scrivener Manual, and have it open up.

Hope someone knows this for the Mac. I saw some answers but they were for the PC version.

Thanks!

It’s buried inside the Scrivener.app program itself - how did you manage to send it to the Trash? The quickest way of fixing it is probably just to re-install Scrivener.

All the best,
Keith

You hit Cmd-Del while Preview is in focus and poof, goodbye document. I used to do that all the time when annotating and trying to delete comments and it drove me bananas.

That’s just about the dumbest “feature” I’ve ever heard of!

Huh, I never realised that; why would any app have a keyboard shortcut that could send its document to the Trash? Madness, I tell you, madness!

Believe me, I expressed all the same feelings quite vocally to anyone who would listen (and quite a few who wisely did not) for a long time after I finally figured out what was going on.

Yup. Cmd-Delete did it. Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

Here’s where UserManual.pdf belongs:

Right-click (ctrl-click) on the Scrivener.app in the Applications folder, a menu appears. Select “Show Package Contents” from the menu. You will then see a folder called Contents.

UserManual.pdf belongs in Contents > Resources

Hope that helps someone.