Whisperings

When I work in front my Mac I listen to Whisperings: Solo Piano Radio. I find it relaxing :smiley:.

I tried it.
I heard the sort of music you get as intro to American sitcoms like Cheers or Friends.
Like singer songwriter music.

It brought out the worst in me and so I ran amok with an axe to get the evil demons out of my head.

I feel better now.

Paul

I listen to music before I sit down to write to put me a certain mood but when I am writing I cannot listen to anything because the voices in my head drown out all other sounds…

I’m with you on this one. I also embarked on a Axe-fuelled distruction spree.

There is ALOT of really good music for solo piano out there, this just felt generic for me. (At the moment I am hooked on Metamorphosis by Phillip Glass)

Hello All! I’m a newbie to the forums, Scrivener, and for that matter, writing as a conscious effort for an outcome worthy of the craft. Business emails, powerpoint slides and proposals can only stimulate one’s mind if there is a tangible and and financial commission to be achieved!

Anyway, as I was lurking I saw this thread and figured it would be an easy post to pop the proverbial fruit on the board, rather than actually having to post some of my own writings (just yet, of course…).

An amazing pianist from Brazil is Arthur Moreira Lima. Great background music for working without putting one to sleep, or causing destruction. Of course music is subjective, so enjoy if you’re able!

Lurch (no longer lurk)

Hi Lurch, nice to have you with us :smiley: . I downloaded and listened to Moreira Lima. Thumb up .

Greetings Lurch,
Welcome aboard The good Ship Scrivener. As sound and seaworthy a vessel, as ever sailed the High Seas, thats f sure…even if the crew is a bit motley in composition, an somewhat nefarious of disposition. But take heart young Lurch, for, you have caught the eye of Scriveners Spiritual and Philosophical mentor and Guru, the Master bobueland, take heed of his council, and he shall see to it that no ill befalls you. :wink:

He may point out at times, simple facts of life, that profoundly piss you off, like: even though you were convinced you had it all sussed out…in reality…you hadnt. But!! if you stick close to bob, thats the worse that can happen…but, wander off on your own…well what comes to mind, is the scene in Pinoccio where the miscreant anthropomorphic fox and the cat take big nose, by the hand, and lead him off into Pleasureland. The crew of Scriv. is prety much of the genus miscreant/anthropomorphic.

Take care
vic

Mon dieu! I’ll have you know I’m neither miscr nor anthro. My mother called me Imp, and Imp I shall remain, tormenting the consciousness of those more capable and anthropomorphic than I.

Look! Now I float above your shoulder…‘Go on, birdie, ask for a beer dispenser just one more time.’…‘Oy dog, you and EMACS get along juuuuust fine. Click it. Come oooon. click it. It’s easy to quit.’

Wherever temptation overrides one’s ordinary ability to, shall we say, cogitate, there am I, a bad decision dinosaur for us all :smiling_imp:

I am humbled for such a warm welcome, and I thank you all! The ripe odor of give-and-take sarcasm drifting through the air of this board just warms my heart! I have found a home. :smiley:

[size=50]Humbled

pssstt! Lurch, if I was you, Id edit out the word Humbled. The piranhas in this pond, will feast, nay! banquette on humility. Show them a bit of Kick ass additood, thatll keep em at bay. :wink: I know what its like. Im the humble unassuming type like you, and its hard :frowning:
vic [/size]

[size=150]Cogitate!![/size] :open_mouth: ydirty little bugger! Thatll send you blind!! Stop it at once!!...pon my soul!!

Welcome Lurch to SCR ship where sobriety is just a whispering in legend.

Life is but a chain of learnings
and this has been no exception
Thus, I edit my initial draft
and attempt to change my humble perception

I was sober when I drafted
my introduction post
So I’ve invited my in ghost writer (Penfold)
to offer up a toast

I stand, actually I need to sit now
and use my glasses to hear vic’-k’s mumble
Ahh! There I see… there it… Oh yeah…
Damn this toxicity! My apologies for the stumble

As I empty out this bottle
of “earthy”? Aussie wine
I raise my final glass
to all you drunken scurvy swine!

[size=85]And now you’ve discovered why poetry or children’s books are not my forte…[/size]

On the Contrary my good man! No finer piece of Dingo dongalogous, shiraz induced, Wombatology, has ever graced the pages of these Hallowed Annals. My compliments to you Sir. :wink:

Is this a picture of you meeting your muse`s anthropomorphic incarnation with his buddy Dangermouse. :slight_smile:
Vic
200px-DM3_5.JPG

Aye, that’s why I set the bar so low for myself. Guaranteed achievement of mediocre goals!

Good Rats
by Dropkick Murphys

[i]Have you ever stopped to think about what rats do for fun?
Sure they crawl around and scurry,
yeah they’re always on the run but a rat sure likes a good time
just like you and me
I’ll prove it with a tale about a rat-infested brewery

It started with a little lad named vermin McCann
who fell upon a drink that made him feel like quite a man
he rounded up his furry boys,
though some wore a frown
they quickly changed their tune and they slammed a couple down.

(Chorus)
One, two, one-two-three-four!
Come on all you good rats
we’ll send you to heaven you’ll find the pearly gates in the froth and the foam
'cause in these vats you’ve made quite a creation
a potion that turned the Guinness to gold!
(End Chorus)

Like mice behind a piper,
rats from all around soon headed for this factory in old Dublin Town.
They surely heard the news about this fancy new rat-brew they come,
they saw, they had a taste and knocked back a few

(Chorus)
One, two, one-two-three-four!
Come on all you good rats
we’ll send you to heaven you’ll find the pearly gates in the froth and the foam
'cause in these vats you’ve made quite a creation
a potion that turned the Guinness to gold!
(End Chorus)

The rats were in a tizzy
addicted to the bone the hairy lugs were giddy
they were never going home
like a bunch of drunken pirates prepared to walk the plank they drank,
they sang, they took a plunge and in the beer they sank![/i]

google.com/search?hl=en&clie … tnG=Search

way t go!!...way t go!! :smiley:
rat

Guaranteed achievement of mediocre goals, leads to guaranteed achievement of bigger goals. Thats guaranteed! :smiley: