Why do I need Sigil as well as Scrivener for Kindle output?

While I am now really happy with the way all three of my books look in the Kindle previewer, I understand that there may be optional Kindle book features that Scrivener does not support. I have to say that I don’t know what these are. I read of people using Sigil to add these features, and again, don’t know what they are adding. I have searched this forum, without luck. My Sigil searches show people doing things I have been able to do in Scrivener, like getting lists to look the way I want, and getting all of the images to appear correctly. Any idea what people are adding?

I also read on the Amazon KDP forum that people use Sigil to ‘validate’ their books. Mine open fine in Sigil, and I am not sure I need to actually do anything with it.

So, as a new author, I look to your collective wisdom…

Maurice

Sigil allows you to directly edit the e-book that Scrivener creates. Whether you should care about this depends on what you are trying to do. It also depends on what environment you find more comfortable: would you rather spend your time hand-coding HTML, or figuring out how to use Scrivener to accomplish the same thing?

I would say that if you don’t know a feature exists, you probably don’t need to worry about it.

Katherine