Why the Update

Us Windows users have been waiting since Thanksgiving last year for the new version. Why are you devoting resourced to updating the old Windows version 1? My co-writer uses a Mac, I use Windows, Since last year we have not been able to use Scrivener. Now from my point of view I see programmers working on the old Windows version. I have to ask why are these programmers not finishing Version 3? It sees to me a total waste of resources.

As you can share Win v1 and Mac v3 projects, or revert the Mac to v2, there’s no reason for you not to use Scrivener. Here’s the latest of many posts that show how to do it: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/web/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52495

And as far as 1.9.8 goes: There is a lengthy thread on this forum–I can’t be bothered to find it for you–where a whole bunch of Windows users describe how they cannot use 1.9.7 due to some obscure font issue, which keeps Scrivener from even loading.

Apparently 1.9.8 contains a fix for that. The font issue doesn’t impact me, but I was glad to see that the devs might have got it fixed for all of those people that it does impact. So maybe it’s not a good use of resources for you, but I betcha the folks impacted by that bug see it differently.

So take a pill, Phil, and chill.

Fixing bugs on the current released and supported version is not a waste of resources. Nor will fixing those bugs drastically affect the progress towards release on an early beta version.

Unfortunately, it did not fix the issue for me. Seeing a different update number and fonts specifically mentioned, I thought I’d give it a go this time. But no. Rolled back to the version I was using before and now it’s frozen completely. :frowning: