Width of Binder

Not sure if this is bug hunt or feature/update suggestion. Recently updated to Windows 10 (new computer), and using the latest Windows version.

The binder of my project, which I use to navigate between scenes and research, is a fixed with of less than an thumb’s width on a 15inch screen. The narrow width and undersized text remains despite dropping screen resolution.

Some option adjust the size of the toolbar icons might be helpful, given Win 10’s problems with program scaling…

You can’t just click the right border of the binder and drag it to the right to increase the size? I’m also using the latest version of Windows 10, and it’s working for me.

I too had this problem on my brand new Surface Book (high resolution monitor) with Windows 10 - the problem is actually with the mouse pointer visualization, not with the functionality.

As the previous person pointed out you can indeed just click on the border and drag it to the right. The problem is that in most windows applications when you mouseover the clickable region for this function the pointer would change to a <–> style icon, but for some reason Scrivener does not use this basic function. Instead the mouse pointer simply changes directly from the text pointer to the standard arrow pointer, which suggests to pretty much any windows user that there is no ability to adjust the width, much less where you must click and drag in order to do so.

So in my opinion this still a bug rather than a feature request - the mouse pointer should be changing to the “width adjust” icon when over an adjustable border, but it’s currently not. :slight_smile:

On a related note, is there a way to move the binder to the right side?

No, but you can split your editor, load the contents of any folder into outline mode (in the right split), and set it so selections in the outline are opened in the left editor.

Does this issue persist after doing the following?
scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb … i-displays