Will my Scrivener project on Mac work on Windows?

I know Mac’s is further ahead, and that they are different dev teams/software in a way, but can I work between my Windows & Mac Scrivener systems on the same project easily? If not now, will Scrivener 3.0 for Windows change things?

Thank you!

When v3 for Windows comes out at the end of this month/beginning of September, then you’ll be able to use a reliable sync technology to open the same project on both machines. Version 1 for Windows isn’t compatible, though Scrivener 3 for Mac can export to “Mac version 2 format”, which is (confusingly) also compatible with Windows version 1. It’ll be simpler to wait for the official Windows version 3 release.

Here’s some required reading if you’re not familiar with the potential complications of various services: scrivener.tenderapp.com/help/kb/cloud-syncing

I have a project created in Mac (ver 3). I went to great pains to create a compile format. That format doesn’t work at all in Windows (latest beta (2.9.0.21). The format is supposed to override all text with a custom font (Besley) and create a standard manuscript. All it spits out is the front matter and a blank numbered list.

Are the compilers different between the two? I would imagine a project specific compile format should work on both machines. Also, where in the Windows version is the option to make all text a certain font? On Mac it’s right there front and center in the compiler window. I love the Windows beta and will buy it day one. These are just two small kinks I haven’t figured out. Still, great work team! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :smiley:

If a Mac Scrivener 3 compile format fails to work in the Win Scrivener 3 beta, you should probably report that as a beta bug.
viewforum.php?f=57

Katherine