Win/Mac shared projects lose some attributes

I’ve been noticing a couple of settings being lost when I sync my project (using drop box) between my Mac and my windows XP machine. Nothing happens if I just close it on the Mac, and then re-open when the changes are finished syncing, so I think opening the project on the Windows version is the cause.

The two issues:
Project Targets set using the Deadline Mac feature. When I open on WinScriv, it seems to know the calculated session target was when I was on the mac. But when I get back to my Mac, the “Allow writing on day of deadline” checkbox has been deselected, altering my target unexpectedly.

Somewhat more annoying is when I go to create a new character document in my Characters folder. I have taken advantage of the new feature that allows me to set the Default New Subdocument Type, but when I open the project on Winscriv and then come back to Macscriv, the setting has been wiped out.

I’m assuming that at some point these features will be added to the Windows version, but in the mean-time, it’d be nice if opening a project didn’t wipe out my settings.

Thanks.

Ah, thanks, I’ll add these to the list. Both these features were only just implemented in the Mac version, so it looks like Lee just hasn’t had a chance to add code to the Windows version that will ensure these get remembered when you return to the Mac.

Indeed - this is my fault and not Lee’s, as I don’t think I’ve even sent Lee the updated .scrivx specs with these minor changes. You will find a few discrepancies with project targets, though. (Lee is concentrating on some larger things at the moment.) For the time being, our general advice when working between Mac and Windows is to try to stick to Windows-only features. Nothing major should be lost, but there may be minor issues such as these. They will all be resolved eventually of course.
Thanks,
Keith

Another thing I just noticed: Compose mode backdrop image setting is gone, apparently because of the same issue.

Anyway, I know there are far more useful things to worry about, but knowing that they’re on the list for some future fix is good enough for me. And lest I seem unappreciative, I just want to tell you (and Lee if he happens to see this) that it’s a joy not to have to schlep my laptop to work on the off-chance that I’ll have time to write during my lunch break. The only thing better than having WinScriv on my work computer would be if they decided to give me a Mac. :slight_smile:

I was hoping that these issues might have been addressed in one of the updates since posting to this thread, but it’s either not been a priority, or it’s slipped down the list. Would it be possible in an update coming sooner rather than later, that this ‘feature’ is added?

Specifically, when opening a project that has Mac-version-specific settings (like Default New Subdocument Type, for instance), the Windows version does not preserve those settings, so that when I return to my Mac, those settings have been erased. I want to reiterate that I don’t expect the features themselves to be implemented; I just want the settings to survive when the project is opened on the Windows version.