Window setting persistence

I know a lot of attention is being paid to full screen mode for Scrivener, and there are many changes coming - changes that look as if they’ll be a big improvement. That being said, as I’m using Scrivener Gold, I find I’m often working in Binder view, especially when I have research and character notes that I’m checking frequently. I notice that, in this mode, window settings are not persistent. When I reopen a saved project, I always have to readjust the width of the panes back to what I was using (I tend to keep the binder/outline pane and the index card/notes pane as narrow as possible, with the document occupying about 2/3 of the width of the window). Is saving the window state possible?

Hi. I’ve had a chance at a little sneak peek at the new Scrivener, and this was something I noticed right off. The new Scr. definitely does save the window state. But SG does not, as far as I know. I too always have to readjust the pane sizes (the same way you do). It’s a bit of an annoyance, but knowing this will change helps!

Full screen looks awesome, btw. And the interface is slimmed down and very user-friendly. I’m quite enthused about Scr. and where it’s going, even moreso after my ‘sneak peek.’

Alexandria

PS you’ve probably noticed SG ‘does’ remember window size when opening a doc as a separate window.

Window state persistence was something that was discussed on the old board, and it was marked as a 1.0 feature from an early stage.

Goodness. Another Portlander. There IS a strong writing presence in this area, and I guess that is represented on this forum? Very interesting. Neat too!

[alex] Well, I found Scrivener when Keith posted on the NaNoWriMo forums before last year’s caffeine-fuelled frenzy of wordly rantings, that being the second year I had done NaNo…

Wow. You are a brave soul to have participated in NaNoWriMo. I’m in the midst of a huge non-fiction project—my dissertation—though I have two novel ideas I’d love to work on! Never really thought I could write one in one month, though! That must quite an experience! I would think a really good one, though I’d also guess a bit intense!

I found Scr. via the DevonThink forum where someone posted about the program. A whole group of us (all writers of different sorts) jumped on it and ended up trying out Scr. It is just what I’ve looking for.

Alexandria

Whereabouts in Portland are you?