Windows/Mac Problem

I searched the forums but didn’t find anyone else with this exact problem. I have Scrivener for Windows on my work computer and Scrivener 2 for my Mac at home.

I have been working on a project in Scrivener on my work computer (Windows) for a few days. Last night I opened it on my home computer (Mac), worked on it, and saved. No problem.

Now, however, the project won’t open on my work computer. I just get the opening screen. When I click “Open Existing Project” and select the project, nothing happens, the opening screen remains up and the project doesn’t open.

Is this a known issue between Scrivener 2 and Scrivener for Windows? I have restarted my computer, re-opened Scrivener, re-installed Scrivener, basically all of the basic handlings I know of for a program. Anyone else encountering this? Does anyone have an idea how to fix? I’d greatly appreciate any ideas.

This is caused by having duplicate files in the Scrivener project folder due to a sync error–please see this post for steps to fix it. :slight_smile:

Halle-freaking-lujah! I had two Scrivener projects in the folder, sure enough. Now I know that’s a no-no. Thank you so much!