Word Auto-Completion

[Edit: this has been solved. See below this post.]

Wondering if anyone can replicate the following behavior with Word Auto-Completion?
And if this is a bug?

Script Mode ON
Preferences/Word Auto-Completion:
Default of all three options checked

Typing the letter ‘t’, produces an auto-completion for the word ‘Test’. This happens with Scene Heading, Action, Character, Parenthetical, Dialog, Shot, General Text, and General Text (Centered), but not with Transition. Note: there is no word ‘Test’ stored in the Script Settings Auto-Complete lists for any of these screenplay elements.

Script Mode OFF
Default of all three options checked

Typing the letter ‘t’, does not produce an auto-completion for the word ‘Test’.

Script Mode OFF
‘In script mode only’ unchecked

Typing the letter ‘t’, produces an auto-completion for the word ‘Test’.

Script Mode OFF
‘In script mode only’ unchecked
‘Only suggest completions from custom auto-complete lists’ unchecked

Typing the letter ‘t’, produces the entire auto-completion list, with the word ‘Test’ at the top of the list. This is also odd, because even if the word ‘Test’ is supposed to be in the list, the top location is not alphabetically correct with the other items in the list.

Am I the only person with this rogue word ‘Test’ popping up all over the place? Out of curiosity, I performed a clean install of Scrivener – deleted Application Support folder, Preferences .plist files, and the application – but this behavior is still there.

Curious…

More info? Is this in a project created from one of the templates? Is the word “Test” in the project auto-complete list (Project > Auto-Complete List), to which character names get added? I use “Test” a lot, so it looks as though it might be template that hasn’t had the test auto-complete list wiped properly, but if you let me know which template it’s happening in, and if you check the auto-complete list, that would help. (It might be me who did it - very likely - but equally if you typed “Test” in one of the places - locations, characters - that get added to the auto-complete list, it could have been you too.
Best,
Keith

Good call Keith. It is in a project created from the Screenplay template. And yes, when I call up the project auto-complete list, the words “Okay” and “Test” are there. I just deleted those two words from the list and voila – they no longer appear. Thanks!

Two of my favourite test words, makes sense (and at least they’re better than the obscenities that made it into the APA template in the first few hours of release).

I think there’s a bug here, actually, and if anyone can repeat it consistently I’d be grateful to hear about it. When I was creating the templates, I would delete the auto-complete list, save as a template, and then find that the auto-complete list hadn’t been deleted after all. It’s on my list for investigation, but if anyone can find a case where this happens every time, let me know. Basically it seems that in some situations, if you delete the items in the auto-complete list and then close and reopen the project, the auto-complete list gets restored.

Obviously I’ll fix the template, but I’d also like to fix this odd bug too.

Thanks,
Keith

Here’s what’s happening at my end. When I create a new project using the Screenplay template, the auto-complete list is populated with the two words “Okay” and “Test”. After deleting them from the list, close and reopen that project, the auto-complete list is still empty. So it’s only when I create a new project from the Screenplay template, that those two words will be in the project’s auto-complete list.

That’s expected behaviour - the auto-complete list is behaving as it should. (Remember that templates are just regular projects that I’ve created and saved as templates - in this case two of my test auto-complete words somehow got left in the template, which I’ll remove for the next build.) The problem is that when I was making the templates, on occasions I would delete the auto-complete list, save the template, and then the template would still have the auto-complete list that should have been deleted. But maybe it is a bug related to saving templates. Anyway, I’ll look into it.
Thanks!
Keith

OK, I just tried the following… I created a new project using the Screenplay template, deleted the two words “Okay” and “Test” from the auto-complete list, then saved the project as a new template. I then created a new project using that new “clean” template, and the auto-complete list is still empty.