Word Count Code

Hello. First of all, I love this software! It’s very easy to use and while writing my novel I’ve been able to do so much more with it than I could in Word. I just have one quick question: I’ve been trying to put a word count in the header of my compiled pdf, and I found the codes you posted for use with the Windows version of Scrivener. I entered my surname/book title/<$wc100> into the custom header field, but when I compiled the document, the code <$wc100> appeared as is, instead of converting to the word count. I tried inserting a space between the forward slash and the less-than symbol, but it still didn’t work. Is there something else I’m doing wrong? Thank you so much!

The word count tags don’t work within the header or footer–only the <$p> tag is available for those at the moment. The <$wc> tag and its variations are typically for use on the title page, where submissions usually request you list the manuscript word count. If you need this information in the header, you’ll want to compile to RTF or similar and then open that in a word processor where you can edit the header to add the count.

Thank you so much for the help! =)