Word count per chapter?

Hiya, I’ve set my project goals, daily golas, but would love to know if there’s a way to see how many words per chapter are there?
Cheers

Hi,

I don’t know if this helps, but if you select all the files (in a chapter) in your binder, so the editor displays them all, the total wordcount will be displayed at the bottom of the editor.

I use folders for my chapters, so I just select a folder in the binder, and the editor pane displays the total wordcount for that chapter.

Hope that’s of some help.

Hodderauthor

Damn! So easy! Thank you, comrade. Yep, it helps a lot. As you can see, I’m not the savviest user around!
Cheers.

You can also use the Outliner view. Select the columns you want from the View -> Outliner Columns menu. Note that you’ll need “Total Word Count” to see the total for a document and its subdocuments.

I like this view for planning purposes: set word count targets when I create the outline, then show the current word count and the target to see how I’m doing.

Katherine

Thanks for the info. I’m trying it, but the options in “Outliner colums” are greyed out. I don’t know why? Or how can I active them?
Cheers

Are you actually in Outline mode?

Katherine

Duh! You’re correct! All’s working perfectly now.
Thanks a bunch.