Writing down dreams

You know, the Graham Greene (think he got the idea from Freud) method of it, the notebook on the night-table sort of thing. Though I keep computer on the floor against possibility to knock it off or California earthquakes doing it for me.

I’m finding Scrivener quickly brought up on that ready and then quietly un-slept laptop quite ideal for this. With its default large text helping my bleary eyes. It’s general instant writing without even stopping to title, its general smoothness, and its auto-saves security all keeping me able to focus and dredge up the important facets before they disappear.

Dreams, or the idea filed away mentally on point of sleep the night before.

I can even feel able to look away for a moment, as seems both needful and dangerous in terms of remembering either.

I’m sure this is not any new insight, but I can say that it well works after doing it for a while. Scrivener’s comfort factors make a right environment, again.

Regards,
Clive

Yes! Also, being able to set up full screen settings that use black paper/background and very lowly lit letters, so that your eyeballs aren’t screaming in pain for the first five minutes of writing.

narrad - - I have been keeping dream journals for years - - probably decades. Here is a very easy tip I stumbled upon and it increased the detail and completeness of dream entries that I wanted to remember during the night. Just buy one of the very small digital recorders - - the ones that are the size of a business card - - very small - - and many quite cheap - - and keep this at bedside. A little preliminary work in knowing where the record / off / play buttons are - - a little practice in the dark - - and you can just roll over and find your recorder - - kept wherever suits you - - and you can mumble / babble away about your dream. Later in the day - - you can get them written into Scrivener - - and often remember details that you had forgotten as you recorded it. The only drawback to this approach is - - that when you finally write it into your journal - - you often begin to enter your own viewpoint of or about the dream rather than just recording the dream as a “pure” entry - - and working with the symbolism / etc. later.

Hope this helps.