Wrong typographic sign on the upper right side

Hello,

when choosing left-down and right-up typographic signs ("") in options - corrections, the right-up sign in my opinion is wrong.

In the text the sign appears with double-points above, but they should be at the bottom of the sign.

I would add an image if I knew how to do this :blush:

Greetings,
MichaelK

EDIT: Wait, I think I got confused. Are we talking about the third ones down in the dropdown menu for smart quote typography in the Correction options in the beta? Those are correct for German, but I do realize that the closing quote going the other direction is used in other languages. Not every possible quotation typography is available here, but we may be able to build this up in the future.

If that’s not what you were talking about, could you take a screen shot and let me know which language you’re wanting the quotes for? To add an image just use the PrintScreen key to take the snapshot in Scrivener (and maybe a second one to show what you think they should be), then paste into MS Paint and save as a file to attach to your post here. Thanks!

Hello MimeticMouton,

thanks for responding. Yes, I was talking about the third ones down in the dropdown menu for smart quote typography in the Correction options in the beta (1.5.0.9).
I am using the German Language, and according to my standard book “Duden - Die deutsche Rechtschreibung” the right sign that is seen is definitely wrong.

I will try to add two images in this message to show you what is shown and what should be shown.
Greetings,
MichaelK
right.jpg
wrong.jpg

Ah, got it. I misunderstood what you were explaining about the quote mark, but I see now. Thanks!

Yeah, it has been fixed in Beta 1.5.1.1
Thank you and greetings from Germany!
Michael

Thank you for calling it to our attention! :slight_smile:

Oooh, unfortunately there’s a bug. When restarting Scrivener, the right quote marks have walked downstairs like to see on the image I add.

I am able to convert them all back, but I have to do this each time…
Please help
Greetings
Michael
after new starting scrivener.jpg

Ack, I see. Updated the bug report; we’ll try to get it fixed quickly.