x64 version?

Has anyone put together a deb for x64? I’m running Natty under 64-bit and would like to run it directly rather than installing all of the 32-bit libs to get it to work.

Thanks!

RobHamm posted a version tweaked to install under 64 bit in the deb thread (towards the end of page #2) - it is however, just an arch change. Scrivener comes supplied with precompiled (32bit) copies of all the libraries it needs. It won’t work with the system libraries of either type.

I was able to use my 32-bit .deb on a 64-bit system by using :

sudo dpkg -i --foreign-architecture i386 scrivener-deb.deb

[code]amorgan@whirlwind:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i --foreign-architecture i386 scrivener_0.2.4_i386.deb
dpkg: unknown option --foreign-architecture

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages [*];
Use dselect' or aptitude’ for user-friendly package management;
Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;

Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through less' or more’ !
amorgan@whirlwind:~/Downloads$[/code]
The following did work, however:

amorgan@whirlwind:~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture scrivener_0.2.4_i386.deb dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled: package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64) Selecting previously deselected package scrivener. (Reading database ... 149737 files and directories currently installed.) Unpacking scrivener (from scrivener_0.2.4_i386.deb) ... Setting up scrivener (0.2.4) ... Processing triggers for menu ... Processing triggers for python-gmenu ... Rebuilding /usr/share/applications/desktop.en_US.utf8.cache... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ... Processing triggers for libc-bin ... ldconfig deferred processing now taking place Processing triggers for python-support ... amorgan@whirlwind:~/Downloads$

Interesting, “foreign-architecture” is supported here. I wonder if it is a version thing:

This the version that came with stock Ubuntu 11.04, as far as I know.

I’ve been unable to get spelling working in 64-bit mode at all. It’s a pain, but I’ve got a 32-bit 11.04 VirtualBox install I have to use for spelling. Either that or Windows.

Does spelling work correctly with this package installed the way you indicate?

For the latest Beta??

Would you mind posting a link to that, or at least the title of the post, so it’s easier to find?

Thanks!