Zip Archive Delete?

Looking for advice:
My computer is quite full right now, and I have about 6 Zip archive folders of a certain Scrivener document.
Am I able to delete these without issue? Will it impact the original file I work with?

Thank you

It sounds like you have quite a few backups of the same document. If that’s the case, you can keep the newer backups and delete the older ones without issue. I would just make sure the newer backups open and that you don’t see any problems with the file (say, missing text that you would want an older backup to locate) before deleting anything.

You may also want to go to Scrivener → Preferences → Backup and change the number of default backups. The default is 5, but if you have more than that, you may have increased this number.

1 Like

Perfect. Thanks for the response!

You could have Google Drive Backup point to that folder and having it saved in the cloud.

They’re files, not folders, and 6 is not a lot. They’re there so that you can restore to a previous state if something goes wrong. When you realize a problem occurred, it’s entirely possible it happened 6 backups ago. If you don’t have room for a few backup zip files, you’d be better off deleting something else.