1st draft and self editing completed

I have completed my first draft, and 2 cover to cover proof and edited works. This is my first novel, not sure what comes next.

My project created in Novel format, and I’d like to print my manuscript but not sure how to do that. I did a search on this but failed to see a helpful post. My project is backed up to Dropbox and a external storage device.

I feel comfortable time to send to a professional editor for review.

1 Like

Hello BamaRider, and congratulations on finishing the edits. That’s a good feeling.

We have a 4-part video series titled “Getting Your Work Out” on the Mac tutorial videos page. Those videos demonstrate using the built-in compile formats as well as show the customization process.

Whether you’re using Mac or Windows, the compile process and customizing the settings is similar enough that seeing those four videos should give you a good sense of how to get your draft out of Scrivener.

And, if you decide to let that draft sit in a drawer for a few weeks before sending it out so that you can give it a more dispassionate, thoughtful read-through, you can spend some time testing the different compile templates and their options. That way, you’ll be in a better position to produce a draft with the formatting that the editor/agent wants.