Any danger of file corruption when using different Scapple versions on different computers?

I have an old Mac running Mojave macOS 10.14 - for which Scapple 1.4 is the end of the road.

I also have a Mac M1 Apple Silicon capable of running the latest macOS and hence the latest Scapple.

Will there be problems if I run different versions of Scapple on each? My Scapple documents are on Dropbox, and I might use either the old or new Mac to work on Scapple documents. Will that caused file corruption?

I’m guessing that 1.4 and 1.4.2 might not clash much, but could lead to problems after Scapple gets a major 1.5 update – would that be correct? If so, I might be compelled to run 1.4 forever even on the new Silicon Mac to maintain compatability.

Maybe – but either way, why not use the most recent version on all of them?

I’m guessing that 1.4 and 1.4.2 might not clash much, but could lead to problems after Scapple gets a major 1.5 update – would that be correct?

That won’t be happening any time soon (or if that number is used sooner than later, it likely won’t mean a departure in the file format). At any rate, if it were actually risky to do this we simply wouldn’t let you do it. There would be a dialogue box stating that the .scap file was made with a newer version and can’t be opened.

I wouldn’t go as far back as 1.3.x though, as the padding around text was increased a bit in 1.4. It won’t hurt anything, but it would mean minor shifts in word-wrap and layout, which could be a nuisance with stuff that’s very layout dependent.