Apple Intelligence

The recurring question of how to better check and proofread manuscripts and texts in Scrivener has just been answered in the Apple WWDC keynote: With Apple Intelligence.

Quote: "Apple Intelligence unlocks new ways for users to enhance their writing and communicate more effectively. With brand-new systemwide Writing Tools built into iOS 18, iPadOS 18, and macOS Sequoia, users can rewrite, proofread, and summarize text nearly everywhere they write, including Mail, Notes, Pages, and third-party apps.

Whether tidying up class notes, ensuring a blog post reads just right, or making sure an email is perfectly crafted, Writing Tools help users feel more confident in their writing. With Rewrite, Apple Intelligence allows users to choose from different versions of what they have written, adjusting the tone to suit the audience and task at hand. From finessing a cover letter, to adding humor and creativity to a party invitation, Rewrite helps deliver the right words to meet the occasion. Proofread checks grammar, word choice, and sentence structure while also suggesting edits — along with explanations of the edits — that users can review or quickly accept. With Summarize, users can select text and have it recapped in the form of a digestible paragraph, bulleted key points, a table, or a list."

Source: Apple Newsroom

I boldfaced.

I wonder how this will influence the need for Grammarly, ProWritingAid, etc.

1 Like

If you are an Apple user, I guess you do not need such often subscription based tools anymore.

1 Like

Me, an Apple user…

FAa8rmyXMAMT0Zn

3 Likes

Yippee that’s saved me a £120 PWA subscription

1 Like

My thoughts exactly!

Although in looking over the PWA website, PWA might still offer some tools that Apple’s Writing Tools do not cover, such as story critiquing, author comparison and plagairism checker, but I don’t care for those. (And story critiquing might be touched upon? Who knows, we’ll see…)

I’m no Luddite, but I’m better than Grammarly and the like. I find it easy to confuse, for one thing. We all are better, I believe.

3 Likes

“You shopper will reach out if there’s no answer at the door.”
Is that even legible English?

1 Like