Beta Reader(s) wanted

I completed my manuscript after months of work, including 4 page to page edits. There is nothing left I can do on my own to make it better. It is 63,000 words, adult romance, set in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, 1977.

A few curse words, no explicit sex scenes etc. No long info dumps, pages of description or background story. I wanted my book to be character driven, not sure if that is good or bad, because I’m new at this.

It is story about the decisions you make, even at a young age, and the profound affect they can have on one’s life.

Two locals have given positive feedback, but like me, they don’t know much. I asked for help on Goodreads but nobody responded :frowning: After 3 forums with no success, I come here.

I plan to send it a professional, before doing so it was my idea to make it as best I can before, to do that I need different eyes.

Thanks for any help. I have it on PDF.

Do you mean it’s in the Romance Genre? If so, then you’ll want someone thoroughly familiar with the genre’s very specific “rules” to provide feedback about whether you’ve met reader expectations. That wouldn’t be me.

If it’s any other variety of commercial fiction, then I could give it a read.

I’m unpublished. My main genre is horror, but over the years have belonged to a few writing groups and critique circles and have written and/or critiqued in pretty much all the non-romance genres.

Best case for me would be one of the Word-compatible formats, as I like to annotate sections while I read and I’m fluent with Word. But I could make PDF work if need be.

If you’d like me to have a look, PM me. :face_with_monocle:

Best,
Jim