Blank Scrivener Files

Have you clicked the Start button and just typed “one” (without the quotes)? Does the name OneDrive occur anywhere in the resulting lists? I have not heard of a recent release of Windows that does not have OneDrive, but maybe this is a first for me. Perhaps it’s an installation option I have forgotten about.

You typically will not find OneDrive under Program Files, but under %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive.

1 Like

I had OneDrive on my laptop a long time ago and removed it before I got Scrivener. That’s why I don’t have it on my laptop.

To what extent did you delete your folder?
Did you send it to Trash and empty the Trash?
If not, it will still be in Trash and can be moved back into the Draft.
Just rename your recovered blank document first to avoid a clash based on naming convention rules.

1 Like

Hi,
Please help. The same thing just happened to me, I opened scriv files and they are blank. I was in the process of transferring to a new computer, but tried to do it as carefully as possible.
1 - I created a new folder in in Downloads folder
2 - I went to the dropbox folder that contained my original .scriv files and copied them into this folder so I wasn’t messing with the original files.
3 - Then I created a new dropbox account and uploaded these copied files to it.
4 - Somehow, as these files were uploaded to dropbox, they became .zip files (so ended with .scriv.zip.
5 - I downloaded one of them, unzipped it, opened the document, and it was blank. Metadata remained, like titile, etc. And when I went to the inspector, I would see a word count associated with chapters. But the moment I opened one, the chapter was empty, and the inspector, which showed the correct word count just a few seconds before, turned to 0 for that document.
6 - I went back to my old computer, opened the original file from the original dropbox folder, and it did the same thing–wiped the content out completely.

I’m really, really worried and terrified about opening any of the files in case it damages the files further.

Help!