I suppose, but if one’s hidden tmp folder has bad permissions then they’ve got all kinds of problems, I don’t even know if they’d be able to log in to their account if nothing can write to ..\AppData\Local\Temp.
thanks. will check anti-virus
Thanks so much!
It appears the problem was that the file was trying to save to Dropbox.
Thanks for the update. So the path that it gave in the error, for where it was trying to create the temporary copy of the project, was in Dropbox? That would be pretty strange! Or was it the backup you were intending to create, the ultimate .zip file, that was aimed there, and changing target locations solved it?
Hi Amber,
Dropbox wasn’t in the error message. I was trying to save my backup zip files to OneDrive, and I thought that was the problem, but they wouldn’t save on my C drive. It wasn’t until I realized my project’s home was on Dropbox that I realized the home was the issue not the backup location. I thought my project “home” was on my C drive. Hadn’t realized when I started to work on the manuscript on a 2nd computer using Dropbox, that that was now the “home” of my manuscript.
Interesting! I would not have thought that where a project is saved would have any impact on this kind of error, but that’s good to know for anyone else that finds this thread. Sometimes errors are thrown around the problem, so to speak, it might be in this case there is no problem writing the temporary project, but something else higher up the chain caused the error.
Anyway, glad to hear your backups are working again!
Thanks! Grateful for your attention to this!