Can't acccess my projects on a new device

I just installed Scrivener on a new Mac. My projects open fine in my other mac devices. But on the new Mac, for any Scrivener project I attempt to open, I get this error message:

“The project at “/Users/swhitney/Dropbox/SCRIVENER/Scrivener Projects/Critical Phenomenology as Emotional Work.scriv” seems to be of an older format, but no binder.scrivproj file could be found inside it. It may be missing or corrupt, possibly because of a problem with the device on which it is stored, or because of a synchronisation problem. Try ctrl-clicking on the project in the Finder and selecting “Show Package Contents”, then look for a file entitled ‘binder.scrivproj’. Ensure it has not been renamed by a backup routine. If it does not exist, try restoring from a backup.”

It is true that there is no “binder.scrivproj” file in the file contents of my projects as they appear in my new device. What is causing this problem? Is there a fix other than manually restoring each project from backup?

You’ve probably let Dropbox make your project online only. macOS Monterey does not like that. Right-click the project and check that it is set for offline use,

2 Likes

Either the Dropbox sync is not complete, or you’ve told Dropbox sync to not be “offline”.

This fixed it. Many thanks!

1 Like