Change the style and format of just one scene inside each chapter - on its own page

I am writing a novel in regular Times 12 pt. However, within each chapter I want to insert a short scene in italics. I’ve created a style for these blocks of text. (I call it ‘Italics’.) My problem : I need each scene to start on its own page and end with a page break. I’m using Scrivener 3.3.6 for macOS Sonoma 14.3.1 I’d really appreciate some advice! Thank you.

Put the scene in a separate document, and apply a Section Layout with those parameters.

(Note that if you do it this way, you can apply the italic formatting via the Section Layout as well, without bothering with Styles.)

1 Like

Sorry, this is over my head. I see there’s a “section” choice in the metadata to assign to this text, but how do I customize the style/format of a section? Perhaps you could direct me to the specific chapter in the Scrivener Manual? I’ve been looking but it seems I need very specific search terms. Many thanks.

If you haven’t already, I’d recommend taking a look at our Interactive Tutorial, available from the Help menu. It has a good overview of the Compile command, and will help orient you to the terminology.

For more information about assigning Section Layouts, see Section 23.3 in the manual. To edit them, see Section 24.2.