Changing background colour of Composition toolbar

Is there any way to change the background color in Composition Mode? It’s white like the interface’s window color, and so are the icons; barely anything is noticeable. Surely I’m nitpicking here, but it irritates me! It will be neat if there’s a way code-wise or something else to separate the window color from Composition Mode’s bottom toolbar color . I like to keep my Composition Mode dark-themed and everything else white.

Seems to me that you can change the background color just by updating the settings in File > Options > Appearance > Composition Mode > Color.

To give you a better idea of what I mean, I wanted to share an image, but unfortunately, the forum doesn’t allow me to upload it. I hope I’m not breaking any rules by doing this: https://imgur.com/a/jrWVHdm

I’ve explored all the options in the menu, not just for Composition Mode, but I haven’t seen any changes. The toolbar’s color seems connected to the Window color in the theme’s pal files. Whatever color is set there, it affects the toolbar as well. That’s why I’m looking for a way to separate these two colors. I’m wondering if it’s possible to achieve this through programming. Do you know which programming language the settings files use?

Scrivener is built on the Qt5 (Qt6 from 3.1.5.1) platform, which is written in C++.

This post on de subReddit r/ScrivenerThemeBuilder might help, but I’ve tried and came up with only a transparant toolbar in the Composition Mode. Maybe I’ll give it another try.

If you succeed in coloring that Toolbar, I’d love to know how.

1 Like