Character sketch names not being updated in binder following change to Character Sketch template

I am having trouble when adding new Character Sketches to my project. I right click on Characters and select Add, which creates a new Character Sketch. I add the Character Name and move onto the next fields in the template, but Scrivener is not updating the name of the Character Sketch in the binder to match the Character Name. This means I am ending up with a series of documents all called ‘Character Sketch’.

This started happening after I edited the Character Sketch template to contain a new field (I did not make any changes to the ‘Character Name’ field).

I have tried ‘save’ and have exited the program, but when I restart Scrivener and open the project, the Character Sketch document names have not been updated.

Any ideas? Thank you, Lily

AFAIK, Scrivener never did name the File the same as the Title. I always name the File and copy that text to the Title.

Then again, when you give a document a Title, Scrivener shows it in the binder when nothing else is known about the File…

When you Compile, Scrivener will not include these titles unless you set [Include placeholder titles for untitled items] in the Global Section Layout Options.

OrganizingGlobalSectionLayoutOptions
Set [Include placeholder titles for untitled items] in the Global Section Layout Options to include them in the compilation.