Character Template

I am really enjoying the software. I am interested to know though if there is a way to edit the Character template that comes with the program so that it shows with additional areas/questions for each character when opened?

I mean, I know I can change it in each project, but I wanted to add to it as I fill out quite a bit more info for characters. But don’t want it to be for ONLY this one book but to have those fields each time.

Hope I am making sense with the question.
Thank you!

Hi,

All you need to do is create your own project template. So, create a new project from the template you want to base your own template on (tip: holding down the Option key while clicking “Create” in the templates chooser will create the project without auto-filling the user name and address etc, which is useful when creating your own templates). Then, edit the character template and anything else you want so that it is set up how you want for new projects (labels, status etc). Once it’s how you want it, go to File > Save As Template… You can now use your own template instead of one of the defaults for creating new projects.

Hope that helps.

All the best,
Keith

Thank you. I will give that a try!

I’m a little confused please. . .

"All you need to do is create your own project template. So, create a new project from the template you want to base your own template on (tip: holding down the Option key while clicking “Create” in the templates chooser will create the project without auto-filling the user name and address etc, which is useful when creating your own templates). "

When I go to open a new project and it comes up and lets me choose a template, I highlighted Novel, I hold down option key. . . but there is nothing called “Create” to click on that I can see. Do I click on “Choose” with the option key held down? Or am I missing something?

Sorry, I am new to the software.

Thanks.

Sorry, yes, “Choose”, that’s the one - my memory of the button name was obviously playing tricks on me. :slight_smile: