Close to perfect as I've found -- but Windows?

I’ve been searching for a great writing tool for a long time, and I’ve tried a dozen of them, from fancy and overloaded to simple and basic.

Scrivener is the closest thing to perfect I’ve found, and it has become THE writing tool I use on my Mac. Everything else is dust.

My only request would be that you generate a Windows version as well. While 80% of my writing is on the Mac, I like to travel with a very small notebook which unfortunately only runs Windows. (Apple notebooks are too big.) Be nice to just carry my Scrivener project with me on a flash drive instead of exporting/importing.

On the other hand, rumor has it Apple is going to release a much smaller notebook next month. If true, then that’s a another fix for my problem. (But rumors are just… rumors.)

John Marshall

Scrivener is fantastic.

However, see this post:
literatureandlatte.com/forum … php?t=2882

for a pretty good rundown on why you won’t see Scrivener outside OSX any time soon. I don’t think it’s that bad a limitation, to be honest. I’ve been getting further and further removed from my Windows machines (and even my Linux machines) every month of using Scrivener.

I am also hankering for Apple to come out with a subnotebook again. In the meantime, I’m happy with my G4 Powerbook, which was the smallest Apple has made so far.

But I understand the appeal; the smaller the better is the way I look at notebooks, but that doesn’t seem to be the trend Apple went for with this dual core processors. Still, I know there’s more people like us.