Closing the opening DOS screen crashes Scrivener (win11/v. 3.1.5.1)

This is a new, clean installation as admin on a new computer.

All I have done in the past couple weeks in the new Scrivener installation is play with the tutorial, manual, and open two blank templates to play with (two projects with virtually no content).

Everything was working normally until the computer re-booted this am.

Last night, last thing, I saved my Scriv projects and closed the projects and Scrivener along with all open programs. Then I did a shut down and restart. (I had a notification to restart to install updates).

When I woke up this morning it was still thinking, but it didn’t take too long (cup of coffee?) to finish.

When I opened Scrivener using my taskbar shortcut, the dos screen came up, flashed for a few secs, and the the normal Scriv UI came up & opened to the last project I was working on and looked normal. But then I noticed the DOS window was still open. I took a screen shot, and also copied it in full. When I closed the dos window, the scrivener window also closes. :woozy_face:

I reopened Scrivener, and had the same results, but discovered I can continue using Scrivener as long as I keep the DOS Screen open though? :person_shrugging:

New Win 11 Home v. 23H2 Feature Experience pack 1000.22687.1000.0.

I know at least one update was from Dell.

The computer has very little on it as I’m still getting used to it and haven’t installed much - mainly Libre Office & Scrivener.

What else do you need to know?

If you go to File > Options > General > Warnings in Scrivener, is the “Show internal log console” box ticked?

If it is, please untick it and then click the Apply button.

1 Like

Thank you Ruth, that seems to have done the trick! I’ll keep you posted if anything changes. Thanks again!

If y’all ever need to see the screen, let me know. :blush:

1 Like