Compile filter selects the wrong documents

This filter is selecting the wrong documents.
I ask it to select documents with the value ‘Coda’ from the metadata list ‘Day’.

Instead of the documents with the selected value (‘Coda’,) it selects items with the previous value on the list.

I noticed this one just the other day, myself! It’s on the list.

The bug appears to be confined to custom metadata lists, which means we can use a relatively simple workaround of creating a search collection that looks for that field you want to filter by, and then set up the compile filter to use the collection instead.